TOPIC: KLR Spark Plug Help

Re:KLR Spark Plug Help 10 years 4 months ago #15127

• RobC
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
demorais wrote:
Hi Guys

Thanks so much for the info.

I have a late 2007 KLR New shape (candy lime green) one of the few before its launch in 2008.
The new shape was actually launched in 2007, May as I recall, bought mine in June. Same colour! Not the vrot indicator batch)B)

Do yourselves a favor, if you have a automotive rubber shop in your neck of the woods look for a grommet that will fit inside the spark plug recess in the head as well as fit around the spark plug body, I did and it keeps all the crud from collecting down below where it can slide into the engine when you take out the sparky.
Got my motor runnin... heading for the highway...
08 KLR650 Green/Shock Protector Flap-Penta-Tooltube-Crash Bars-LED instrument lights-Hazard and Indicator Mod-Stiebel Horn-PCV Mod-SS footpegs-HID Headlights-progressive fork springs-upgraded shock and spring.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:KLR Spark Plug Help 10 years 4 months ago #15139

• DRR
Small thing, but while you have the tank off, glue those rubber tank mounts to the frame. Not sure if it was the bike shop or on the road, but I've lost 2 of them, and glueing them on keeps them from falling off when you put the tank back.

Re:KLR Spark Plug Help 10 years 4 months ago #15140

• Stoffie
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gee Brain, what are we going to do tonight?...
DRR wrote:
Small thing, but while you have the tank off, glue those rubber tank mounts to the frame. Not sure if it was the bike shop or on the road, but I've lost 2 of them, and glueing them on keeps them from falling off when you put the tank back.

Now that is the tip of the day! Really!
Kawasaki 2014 Versys - yellow/black ...hmm... Blue KLR650 blood still in my veins...
If you want to walk on water, you first have to get out of the boat.

Re:KLR Spark Plug Help 10 years 4 months ago #15147

• demorais
  • Junior Boarder
Hi Herman

Spoke to Mario, you might able to help with a 2008 KLR manual, the local distributor’s are all out of stock.
07 KLR650 Green(New Shape)
Givi TopBox
Indicator/Hazard Light Mod
Indicator Beeper Mod
S/Steel Footpegs
Low Cost Exhaust Mod

Re:KLR Spark Plug Help 10 years 4 months ago #15150

• Herman
demorais wrote:
Hi Herman

Spoke to Mario, you might able to help with a 2008 KLR manual, the local distributor’s are all out of stock.

Yes, I have the manual in pdf format on my PC. File size about 54MB. You can contact me klr650(at)vodamail(dot)co(dot)za
  • Page: