Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Looking for KLR 600 parts

Looking for KLR 600 parts 4 weeks 1 day ago #119476

• kawaboy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

I'm new here, this is only my second post.

I own a 1984 600 KLR, and would like to restore it (as much as possible) to its original condition using Kawasaki parts only, or known brands (like Renthal bars, Acerbis tanks, etc).

If anybody knows of or has old KLR 600 parts lying around (plastics, clocks, foot pegs, rims,anything...) and they're for sale, please let me know. Even old manuals, keys and artwork.

Also, if you have tips on what to replace (for example, the front brakes on this beast is not exactly top notch), what KLR 650 parts will fit the 600, I'd be very keen to know.

I've already found and bought an Acerbis long range tank , and I want to replace the handlebars next. Does one fit Renthal, or Pro Taper, or Kawasaki OEM, which way does one go? Are there brands that are traditionally associated with Kawasaki (other bike examples that come to mind are KTM and Akrapovic, Suzuki and Yoshimura). The very well priced Chinese parts (like you find at startline, for example) are so tempting and I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the quality nowadays, but it just feels wrong to mix it up with an old Japanese bike.

Regards,
kawaboy
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
- Mark Twain
Last Edit: 4 weeks 1 day ago by kawaboy.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for KLR 600 parts 4 weeks 1 day ago #119490

• handre
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 206

Looking for KLR 600 parts 4 weeks 1 day ago #119501

• Keith
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Oosrand Springs.....Op God vertrou ons vir wysheid
  • Thank you received: 765
Guy here has a old frame, pretty cut up, so that wont work. But there is a rear shock, and a swing arm. You will have to get it to capetown though. Sure someone won't mind putting it in hand bag of sorts. Let me know, then i can go chat to the person. I modified a old xt 250 shock and made it fit, while i am reconing the original

Looking for KLR 600 parts 4 weeks 20 hours ago #119503

• kawaboy
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Keith, that sounds good, if you can go chat to the guy?

Is it possible to send me some pictures of the swing-arm and rear shock via WhatsApp? I'll PM my cell number.

On the frame side I'm interested in the foot-peg mounts (not the foot-pegs themselves), mine are bent, probably from a previous crash. They look like bolt-on units.

William
"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."
- Mark Twain

Looking for KLR 600 parts 4 weeks 7 hours ago #119512

• Keith
  • Platinum Boarder
As far as i know, either the swing arm bolt or one of the enjin mounting bolts keep them in place. Will make sure. You can also talk to doc klr in walkerville. He has a good stock ofv spares. 0826878590. But please be patient. He a very busy man
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andyg4225

Looking for KLR 600 parts 3 weeks 6 days ago #119519

• Slowmow
  • Lieutenant
  • Once you go black, you don't go back
  • Thank you received: 208
Keith wrote:
......You can also talk to doc klr in walkerville. .....

Just make 10000% sure you search here and elsewhere about his reputation in sending things people paid for. :pinch:
2015 NC750X

Looking for KLR 600 parts 3 weeks 5 days ago #119520

• Keith
  • Platinum Boarder
Maybe ask someone to go and get stuff from him then and pay cash, then that person can send it down to you. Some have had not so good experiences with him, others have not really had problems.