Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Clutch wear and tear

Clutch wear and tear 10 years 6 months ago #11868

• Mario123
While checking whether all is well on the baaik, I noticed the clutch lever (the one next to the oil fill plug) has very little play on it, i.e. when I loosened the clutch cable totally the little lever moves way back left(looking at the baaik from the side with the rear to your left and handlebars to your right - sitting on the baaik would mean the lever moves all the way back), but when I tightened the clutch cable to spec there is very little "lever-play" for future adjustments, i.e. I don't think that little lever on the clutch will move much further to the right or forward (depending on your view).

Question therefor is, how do i know it is time to replace the clutch plates and what is the level of effort - for those techies out there?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Clutch wear and tear 10 years 6 months ago #11869

• Dick
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 384
Goeie vraag, ek wil ook weet.

Re:Clutch wear and tear 10 years 6 months ago #11872

• Groenie
  • null
  • Thank you received: 282
Nee moenie worry nie. Future adjustment sal net wees vir die slack op kabel. Na 75K km is myne nog fine.
null

Re:Clutch wear and tear 10 years 6 months ago #11874

• Mario123
Thanks Groenie, maar sou ek die clutch kabel heeltemal afhaal, is daar moerse "play" op daai levertjie van regs na links, is dit ok?

Re:Clutch wear and tear 10 years 6 months ago #11876

• Groenie
  • null
  • Thank you received: 282
Ja, dis OK. Hy werk so. Check jou manual hoe die internals lyk en jy sal sien dis fine
null