Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: KLR fuel economy query. Where is my fuel going?

KLR fuel economy query. Where is my fuel going? 1 year 4 weeks ago #116953

• Muzzie
  • Fresh Boarder
no, ive never had the chance to take another KLR for a burn, and, unfortunately, I have never ridden any other bike at all. This KLR was my biking debut, and, as I say, 20 000kms later, ive not noticed any decline in power over the years, or never found myself thinking that this bike is slacking off and could use more oomph. Its always been a nice chunky, comfy tractor, able to chug up any mountain, or cruise comfortably on the open road at 120kph... but theres always been the fuel range of about 250kms per tank. Adding an extra tooth upfront pushed that to 280kms, roughly 13km/l , but nothing even close to the fabled 500kms (upwards of 20km/l). I mean, a round trip from East London to PE and back again, is a full tank before I leave, and a further 3 top-up fuel stops along the way; port alfred, PE, and again in port alfred... that has to be wrong...right?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

KLR fuel economy query. Where is my fuel going? 1 year 4 weeks ago #116954

• Petboy
  • Gold Boarder
  • Centurion
  • Thank you received: 33
Knowing the area I would have been confident on only switching to reserve about 10kms outside East London. That whole trip should be possible on just over two tanks
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

2005 Pink (used to be red) Fugly
2005 Harley Davidson Sportster
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page: