Topic-icon Unknown Rider on a similar looking Bike to mine.

• Beach Cat KLR
  • Beach Cat KLR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Personal Text
More
5 years 5 months ago #95620 by Beach Cat KLR
I saw a guy on a Black & Green KLR 2008 or later model heading down Jip de Jager & appeared as if he was going to turn onto the N1 towards Tyger Valley. Was in too much of a hurry to reach TracMac B4 5pm, otherwise i would probably have slowed down to compliment him on a great looking motorcycle. Not trying to be vane here... :laugh:

DT125LC, XJ750, '08 KLR650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Roes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Durbanville - CT
More
5 years 5 months ago #95622 by Roes

I saw a guy on a Black & Green KLR 2008 or later model heading down Jip de Jager & appeared as if he was going to turn onto the N1 towards Tyger Valley. Was in too much of a hurry to reach TracMac B4 5pm, otherwise i would probably have slowed down to compliment him on a great looking motorcycle. Not trying to be vane here... :laugh:

Was he quite large and wearing a black and orange jacket? :blush:

2008 Green KLR written off
2006 Green KLR put to rest
2008 Green KLR so far so good! - sold
2004 Blue Honda Varadero XL1000V

• Beach Cat KLR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Personal Text
More
5 years 5 months ago #95625 by Beach Cat KLR
Replied by Beach Cat KLR on topic Unknown Rider on a similar looking Bike to mine.
I cant remember; most attention was given working through traffic. I do recall 2x contrasting colours though apart from the bike.
Were you there +- 4.10pm - 4.15pm. I passed a big truck in the left lane, watched the mirror waiting to see you, but by that time the robot changed green & blasted off again.

• Roes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Durbanville - CT
More
5 years 5 months ago #95626 by Roes
Ja. It must have been me around that time. It's my route home. I saw some bikes but must have missed you. I would have recognised such an amazing looking bike!!! :woohoo:

• Beach Cat KLR
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Personal Text
More
5 years 5 months ago #95629 by Beach Cat KLR
Replied by Beach Cat KLR on topic Unknown Rider on a similar looking Bike to mine.
Cool. LOL 'bout the bike. (i always get '..ssed off by oakes who refer to KLR as 'cheap' or 'budget' bikes.
Just 'cause it's was 20grand less, doesn't mean inferior in my books. The opposite actually: KLR is a
REAL value bike; i think you pay tons for the badges & names on some other models. I read a post over+
the weekend where 3x okes did the Roof of Africa: a BM 1200, Suz something & a KLR. (not racing roof,
but a good 'hard for adventure bikes' alt route. Can't remember it i got to it via Wild Dogs or google.)
@ 1x point the KLR gave it's good battery to another, it could ride without it. KLR continued with zilch
battery (they did fit the k#k one in later). The other bikes gave considerably more sheit; only near the
end KLR started dying > fitted his own battery back > bang, running like clockwork again. That isnt'
budget or cheap performance in my books.

• Roes
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Durbanville - CT
More
5 years 5 months ago #95631 by Roes
I agree! I spoke to a BMW rider over easter who told me about their trip to Kilimanjaro. One KLR went along - he confessed that the KLR was the onky bike that gave no issues. I love everything about my bike!! :cheer:

• Abre
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Little Falls, Woesrand, Jhb
More
5 years 5 months ago #95632 by Abre
The new shapes cannot run without a battery. Only the Fuglys can run with the battery removed.

Abré le Roux
The adventure is out there.....

• capeklr
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • Planet Earth
More
5 years 5 months ago #95656 by capeklr

The new shapes cannot run without a battery. Only the Fuglys can run with the battery removed.

Correct, but the chances that you fry the regulator without the battery are very high.
I would not do it under no circumstances.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
St Augustine

• jacbot
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
5 years 4 months ago #96939 by jacbot
I beg to differ. My '09 battery positive lead came of during a ride, only realized it when I saw all the instruments were dead. Off course it wouldn't start when I stopped. Reconnected later on and everything was back to normal.